SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

Updated CF Morning Skincare Routine



Happy Hump Day you lovely lot! As I've been changing up my beauty routines a lot over the last couple of months (check out why here), I thought I ought to show you what I now use in my morning and evening skincare routines as I had to switch out a lot of products and find some new ones to suit me and my skin (which can be a real chore lemme tell you). So here's my updated skincare routine that I use every morning that sits well under makeup, doesn't break me out, and helps control my oily skin throughout the day.

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Complete Cleanser | 15Oml | £5.99 - I'm usually not a fan of foam cleansers, but I actually really like this one from Superdrug's Naturally Radiant range. This cleanser does a great job of gently cleansing the skin so it's perfect for everyday use (especially if your skin can get a little sensitive like mine), it smells delicious, and I do genuinely believe it gives the skin some natural radiance. A lot of radiance products either break me out, make me shiny and greasy, or simply don't work but I can see results with this one. My skin never feels tight after use and unlike many foam cleansers I've tried in the past, this one doesn't dry out areas of my skin. For £5.99, you can't grumble can you?

Superdrug Naturally Radiant Brightening Micro Polish | 75ml | £4.99 - Around once or twice a week, I feel like the foam cleanser just isn't penetrating my skin enough and I need to buff away some of the texture and dead skin cells to I opt for using the Brightening Micro Polish from the same Radiance range instead. Again, this product smells divine, and despite being a micro polish cleanser, it's very gentle on the skin. I really like polishing cleansers that feel like they're really working hard on the skin and whilst this more gentle one took some getting used to because it doesn't feel so harsh, it still does a grand job of keeping the skin glowing and smooth. As I said, I tend to use this once or twice a week - usually on a Monday morning then again on Thursday - just to keep my skin looking in tip top condition and keep it looking healthy and not as tired as I actually feel.



The Ordinary Caffeine Solution 5% + EGCG | 3Oml | £6.Oo - Once I've cleansed my face, I go straight into eye care. Eye cream is something I'm getting more and more into but I keep trying various ones as I haven't found *the one* yet but I think this one has the potential to become it. I've already raved about this product and The Ordinary Skincare in general so I'll keep this short and sweet, but this serum is such a nice product to use that feels incredibly luxury to use despite the small price tag. It doesn't pull or drag on the delicate under eye skin, it helps my eyes look more alive and awake, and it genuinely minimises my dark circles. I've been using it for a couple of months now and I can see a difference in the colour of my undereyes and the texture as this is one problem area that tends to get quite dry for me. I also love this product because I need to use the tiniest amount so despite using it for over 2 months, the product hasn't even decreased down to the top of the label yet. Winner winner.

The Body Shop Seaweed Oil Control Lotion | 5Oml | £14.Oo - Okay first of all, can we all have a little celebration that The Body Shop are soon to be no longer owned by L'Oréal? As someone who has shifted to cruelty free beauty, this makes my heart sing because The Body Shop has it's heart in the right place but if it's mother brand doesn't, it almost feels null and void? But alas, let's get back to this lovely lotion. I used to use so many different products in my routine but I like to try and keep it simple now and it seems to work for me skin. Therefore this daily lotion from the Seaweed range is perfect for me as a daily moisturiser as it's oil balancing yet hydrating and it also includes SPF 15 - exactly what I need. I think it's so so important to wear SPF everyday but wearing lots of liquid products on my skin is a terrifying prospect as I'm such an oily-skinned girl so this helps eliminate that worry. This lotion can be quite thick so I use only a small amount, but it plumps my skin up nicely and it makes my skin look so much more healthy than my old routine of products used to.





Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.