SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

Colourpop Liquid Lipsticks Haul



Hello you wonderful people! If you caught my Colourpop Lippie Stix post a couple of weeks ago, you would have seen me ranting and raving about the brand and in particular, their Matte/Matte X Lippie Stix as I recently made a bulk order of lip products from them. So with that in mind and the fact that I just want to show you everything I got and have since fallen in love with, I thought I'd share with you the other lip products I had to try out - the liquid lipsticks. Colourpop have *so* many lip products formulas and shades that I was ultimately spoilt for choice and slightly overwhelmed when it came to choosing what to order but I figured playing it safe and going with some liquid lipsticks was a good call. I picked up three liquid lipsticks in both Ultra Matte and Ultra Satin formulas and couldn't believe my luck when I realised I had qualified to pick out three travel size mini Ultra Satin Lips when I was checking out. Luckily, a couple of shades available in the freebie minis were shades I previously was considering buying so it worked out pretty well!

The liquid lipsticks are like any other liquid lipstick in the sense that they're meant to not budge and be pretty heavy duty. The Ultra Mattes are exactly what they say on the tin - matte formulation and finish and therefore the most "sturdy" of the bunch whereas the Ultra Satins don't completely dry down. The Ultra Satins tend to still transfer a little and don't dry the lips out as much as they still have a little bit of movement on the lips after application. So without further ado, let's see some swatches and what I think of them now, shall we?



Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip 'Speed Dial' | Rich Peach shade | $6.Oo - Speed Dial was one of the first products I popped in my basket as it was exactly what I know I like: matte, liquid lip, and peachy. When it comes to nudes, I prefer peachy/terracotta shades as I feel they suit me more than true brown nudes or pinks/mauves. This shade pulls through quite sandy brown on me but it still has that hint of peach I love so I really like the end shade once it has dried down. As it is a Ultra Matte formula, it dries down and doesn't transfer and lasts really well. It does settle into fine lines throughout the day and can leave your lips feel a little lack lustre when it comes to moisture, but that's to be expected with a matte liquid lip. I found that it lasts really well when eating and drinking as it doesn't crumble or crack which is so hard to find in this sort of formula! Applying this is lovely too as it glides onto the lip really well, one swipe is really pigmented, and the layer is really thin meaning it's just an all-round comfortable lip to wear compared to many other liquid lipsticks I own.



Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip 'Bumble' | Warm Rose shade | $6.Oo - One of the most popular lipsticks from Colourpop, Bumble has always been a shade I knew I had to try. This shade is described as a 'warm rose' but I have to be honest for us pale princesses out there - this pulls through pretty damn dark and not like the swatch on the site. This isn't the end of the world as I still really like the shade, but it's a much darker pink rather than a nude than I anticipated. I find the formula of this one to be more drying that Speed Dial and can only assume it's because the formula seems more gloopy on the wand/in the tube. I will still wear this colour regularly but it is probably the most disappointing shade from my order.



Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip 'November' | Warm Peachy Pink | $6.Oo - So now let's talk about the Satin Lips. November is a Kathleen Lights collaboration colour and I really wanted to try it out. This shade pulls through more pink than peach on my lips but honestly? I actually like that (I know!). I usually struggle when it comes to pink lip shades as I don't really like them on myself, but this colour is a dream. The formula of the Satin Lips are quite thick but they're really long wearing and surprisingly comfortable to wear for a long day. I first tried this lipstick out for a day at work and therefore had it on my lips from around 7:3O til 6:3O and it wore really well. It didn't dry out my lips despite being a heavy-duty formula and it didn't fade or crack. It does however settle into my lines so whenever I went to the bathroom, I used a tissue to smooth the product over my lips again to solve this problem but then my lips looked as good as new. If you're a liquid lipstick lover but need something that's not as drying and that is more flexible, I couldn't recommend this formula more. I really like this shade and I will be wearing it a lot on everyday work days.



Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip 'Frick n' Frack' | Rosy Terracotta shade | $6.Oo - Another best selling shade I wanted to try was Frick n' Frack. This 'rosy terracotta' is a gorgeous deep shade and pulls through a little bit darker than Bumble on my lips. This isn't a subtle colour, especially on pale skin, but it is such a universal shade in the terms that it would suit every skin tone but it also suits almost every makeup look. I kind of view this shade as a dark nude for me and I find it goes with most makeup looks as it definitely suits warm eyeshadow looks but also works equally as well with cool tone eye looks too. Again, the formula of this product has great, one swipe pigmentation but I actually find this one lighter and more comfortable to wear than November so that's a great added bonus!



Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip 'London Fog' | Pinky Red shade | $6.Oo - London Fog is a shade I probably wouldn't have picked out for myself as "pinky red" would have usually have put me off, but I'm so glad I got a chance to try it. This red shade is so so nice on my pale skin and ties in nicely with my dark hair too. The formula of this shade seems to be a little more watery/liquid-y than my other Ultra Satin Lips, but it's still just as pigmented - just easier to apply as a little goes a long way. When this dries down a little this shade is much more of a cherry red shade on my lips which is great as it's darker than the swatch on the Colourpop site which I wasn't keen on. This one does take the longest to dry out of the ones I have tried but it still has fantastic staying power and doesn't crumble or crack and keeps a healthy sheen and slight gloss on the lips.



Colourpop Ultra Satin Lip 'Prim' | Dark Blackened Red shade | $6.Oo - The last shade I thought I'd try out in the mini freebie format is the lovely deep shade, Prim. This shade is by far the vampiest thing I own in my lipstick collection besides my black lipsticks! Once applied on my lips, this shade is incredibly deep and dark but as it's not totally black, it has a gorgeous dimension to it that I haven't got from any other lipstick before. In the tube this shade looks more like a deep burgundy/plummy shade and I would say the swatch on Colourpop's site is very light in comparison to the actual outcome. I think this shade will be beautiful in the colder months and would look amazing for a night out. The one gripe I have with this product is it does bleed a little which is something I haven't experienced from any of the other Ulta Lip range. A liner is definitely needed if you're going to be wearing this for a lengthy time but overall I can overlook that as it's got such a great opaque colour pay off. It does noticeably transfer a lot too which might be something to bear in mind!

From left to right: Ultra Satin in 'Prim', Ultra Satin in 'London Fog', Ultra Satin in 'Frick n' Frack', Ultra Satin in 'November',
Ultra Matte in 'Speed Dial', and Ultra Matte in 'Bumble'

All in all, I think the Ultra Satin Lips are possibly better than the Ultra Mattes and I never thought I would say that! I love the Lippie Stix and think they're my firm formula favourite from Colourpop but when I really want a lip that stands out and stands the test of food and drink, these are pretty damn good at getting that job done. I need to pick up more colours for sure and I've got my eye on some nice orange/peach shades!



Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.