SLIDER

WELCOME


Self care, skin care, & nurturing Mother Nature.

Read more here

Trying to live a more minimal and conscious life in search of pure happiness and joy

Winchester Walks



My blog can get a little fashion and beauty heavy which it has done of late, but its purely down to it being the most convenient content to create and post. Don't get me wrong, I love makeup & skincare, and my weekly spending definitely illustrates my unnecessary need for new clothes every other day, but the one thing I really love more than those two "hobbies" combined is nature.

People always seem surprised by that statement - as if because I spend 1 hour every morning curly my hair and filling in my non-existent eyebrows automatically makes me incapable of appreciating the great outdoors. Well let me tell you it doesn't. I'd take a trip camping or staying in a national park/nature reserve/retreat over any luxury typically "girly" holiday any day. But enough of my rambling, I just wanted to show you my latest nature snaps from a recent walk.

A couple of weeks ago, I had the week off work and after spending some much needed few days vegetating indoors and being lazy, I decided getting up early and going for a stroll was something I really needed. Matthew & I often go for long leisurely walks in the early hours and with us both working insane amounts lately, these glorious walks hadn't happened for some time. We broke this cycle and hiked our way up St Giles Hill/Viewpoint in Winchester city centre, armed with coffees and hot chocolates in hand. It's a spot I'd somehow never ventured in my 3+ years of living in Winchester, despite it being right on my doorstep. I'm kind of pleased I waited though because those autumn colours just made the view all the better.

Autumn WalkAutumnal GraveyardWinchesterWinchester High StreetWolvesley CastleWinchester CathedralSt Giles View Point

In the coming weeks, I'll be wrapping up university/work for this semester and will be basking in the good things in life such as guilt-free walks not worrying about work or assignments and the Winchester Christmas market (highlight every December!). I'll also be heading home to the north east of England so I want to take these opportunities to get more lifestyle posts into this space. I love all the beauty blogging and fashion blogging have to offer, but I also love being able to document the beautiful things I might take for granted in day to day life. It's hard when you're a trainee teacher to get any time to do this sort of thing never mind trying to document it, so I'm going to up my game as much as I can over the Christmas break.

I hope you've enjoyed this literal breath of fresh air on this ol' blog! And if you want to keep up to date with all of my very candid, in no way professional, photography, you can check out my Flickr account here.


- A.
Follow me on Bloglovin'
Twitter & Instagram xo

© NB • Theme by Maira G.